Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS) to organise three one-day
"retreats" at the Chancellor's Hotel in Fallowfield.
These are designed to facilitate interaction and collaboration between
research groups at the university in the area of complex systems ---
more specifically the modelling of complex systems in biology,
economics and the social sciences.
These meetings will take place at the end of June:
- Economics, Game Theory and Finance on June 27th,
- Biological Sciences on June 28th,
- Social Sciences on June 29th.
- Morning: Mini-presentations (5 minutes per person) outlining the interests of the speaker and what they would like to get out of the event.
- Afternoon: Small group discussions on topics of common interest, followed by a general discussion.
Sessions will start at 10am, and end approximately at 5pm. Further
details will be provided in due course.
If you are interested in attending the retreats, then please let us
know by email by June 19th, indicating the day (or the days) you would
like to attend.
We'd also ask you to forward this email to other researchers at
Manchester who you think might also be interested in attending