We are planning to submit an application for a Lorentz Centre workshop (http://www.lorentzcenter.nl/) on the topic of the Special Section of JASSS about a year ago on the Topic "Simulating the Social Processes of Science" (http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/14/4/14.html). If successful this will happen 7-11 April 2014 in the Netherlands. This is a very nice set-up with lunch, refreshments and facilities laid on in the centre, leaving lots of time for discussion and collaboration.
We are looking for people who could contribute to this. In other words people who:
1. Have done a simulation of a social aspect of science
2. Are currently working on a simulation of a social aspect of science
3. Has written about how to simulate a social aspect of science
3. Is or could be involved in writing computer science tools to help with this
3. Is a relevant philosopher, complexity science, science studies,
visualisation expert (or similar)
3. Has studied/observed how scientists interact
4. Is planning on doing one of the above
If you are interested in participating, please read the details at http://cfpm.org/spos and apply! Deadline November 10th 2012.
Computational Models of Ethnocentrism and Diversity - Workshop: *Beyond Schelling and Axelrod: Computational Models ofEthnocentrism and Diversity.* June 6-7th, Manchester. *Final Call for Participation* Pres...